This week Jane is looking forward to:
- Being a panellist at the London Planning Analyst conference, London’s new politics of planning on Wednesday 19 October. Focusing on how emerging Mayoral planning policy might affect two key topics – homes and workspace – and how strategic policy across London might need to change.
- Presenting at a further Urban Design London event.
Design Literate Leadership
20 October 2016 (Full Day)
This session will help Councillors and other decision makers to promote and achieve good design. We will discuss the tools to use and the design policies under-pinning good assessments and decisions. With presentations from the soon-to-be-published Design Primer, we will look at good design in housing, streets, landscapes, tall buildings and designing for small scale, infill sites as well as how good design links to planning policy. We will also investigate the tips and tricks used to understand plans and drawings.
Agenda to Include:
- Timeless Principles of Good Design – Rob Cowan, Urban Design Skills
- How to Achieve Good Design – Jane Briginshaw (Jane Briginshaw Associates), David Birkbeck (Design for Homes), John Dales (Urban Movement) and Paul Dodd (UDL/ OutDesign)
- Reading Plans and Drawings: Tips & Tricks – Bally Meeda, Urban Graphics